INSIDE MY MAKEUP BAG
I'm a girl's girl. It took me a long time to become one (high school was rough) but as a woman who has come to make some incredible gal-pals: I believe in empowering each other as women, supporting and celebrating each other, AND sharing all of life's goodness to help each other - especially beauty products that work! We need all the help we can get, right? As I get older, my beauty routine has definitely simplified (don't get me wrong, I paint it on for the stage - give me ALL the glam!) but most days, if I'm not working, I'm probably bare-faced and rocking a top knot. I plan on eventually doing a makeup tutorial at some point but today, I'm opening up my makeup bag and sharing with you all of the products I use and BELIEVE in! These products are not only high-quality (and *mostly* affordable) but they work + you can find them at nearly any drugstore, makeup counter, or big box store. These aren't the only products that I use but they are the "cream of the crop".
1. Olay Luminous Brightening & Protection Lotion: I use a few Olay products for my daily skincare routine but this one is my favorite. I have "dryer" skin and it hydrates without being too oily or thick/sticky. Plus, ya gotta love that added SPF! ** If you're going to be in the sun all day, up the SPF. I like anything north of 70SPF. Protect that skin!
2. iT Cosmetics: Bye Bye Undereye Concealer: If you've followed me for a while, you've heard me mention that I could sleep for DAYS and still wake up with dark circles. They're hereditary and I got 'em from my Mama (thanks, Mom.) But, this concealer is everything to me! A little bit goes a LONG way - no seriously, a teeny tiny bit. It is pretty sticky so I like to put it on and then go over it with the next product...
3. iT Cosmetics: Celebration Foundation Illumination: I LOVE this foundation. When I first got it, I caught myself looking at my skin every time I passed a mirror. It covers flawlessly but it's super light. It is a *little* pricey but this is another one where a little goes a looong way. The current compact I have, I've had for about 6 months now. I don't even always put it all over my face, sometimes I just use a brush to tap and touch up any problem areas. Again... hopefully a tutorial will be coming soon! ** I also like THIS Foundation by TooFaced as well and sometimes I alternate between the two.
4. TooFaced Natural Love Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette: TooFaced makes amazing palettes and this kit is the only one you'll ever need. You have every color you'd need for a natural day-time look or a smoky eye for date night. These shades are really pigmented AND if you lightly wet your eyeshadow brush, the pigments come out even more (... a little trick I learned from Melissa Schleicher, makeup artist to Carrie Underwood.)
5. iT Cosmetics: Brow Power Eyebrow Pencil: I use a few products by iT Cosmetics but it kinda happened accidentally. My mom is a QVC nut and they happened to have an iT Cosmetics gift set at Christmas. She bought us both a set and now we swear by the brand. Now, onto the brow pencil. I don't have any eye brows. None. No, like really. They are so fine and blonde they are essentially non-existent. I've never tweezed or waxed them because, there aren't any. This pencil solves that issue! It comes in a "universal" shade for any hair color but I recommend talking with an expert at your local makeup store and getting a true match with one of their tinted pencils.
6. TooFaced Better Than Sex Mascara: Again, I also love TooFaced and use a lot of their products. This mascara is the best mascara I've ever used. It's light enough for a really natural day look but it plumps up those babies for added drama too. Add a few coats for a night out and you've REALLY got it going on.
7. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Arm Candy: I can thank Mama again for this one! She bought this polish and while we were together, I couldn't stop staring at her nails. It looked like she'd had the most perfect salon manicure and then she spilled the beans - it was this polish! It's the perfect nude/pinkish shade. It really makes your nails looks naturally beautiful and I can't get enough of it. If I see it in stock at the store, I usually just go ahead and buy a bottle - and now I have enough stock-piled for an apocalypse.
8. Chance by Chanel: I kid you not when I say that I've worn this since I was about 15 years old. My grandmother wore Chanel (No. 5, as every Southern woman does - don't you know.) I got my first bottle of Chanel in high school and I never looked back. Again, Mama knows best and she too wears Chance. It's the perfect blend of pink pepper, jasmine, and amber. Sometimes, when I'm feeling really homesick, I just give myself an extra little spritz and it's like Mama is here with me.
9. iT Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Color Awakening Lip Treatment: This was in that kit I was telling you about earlier. It was a nice little surprise and a product that I've come to love. I probably wouldn't have picked this up on my own at the store but now I love it and will definitely be getting more when it's gone. It's ultra creamy and hydrating and leaves you with the perfect, most natural shade of pouty pink.
10. e.l.f Cosmetics Matte Lip Color: So this is on up there with the Sally Hansen polish - I stock up on this stuff. I mean, it's SO cheap how could you not? It's creamy and gives you a healthy nude hue. I like to put this on first and then go over it with the Je Ne Sais Quoi Lip Treatment above or Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm in Rosy Lipped.
11. Pureology Pure Volume Instant Levitation Mist: My sweet hairstylist, Dalton is to blame for this one. He GETS my hair. Basically it's super fine and thin and this mist gives it life! I don't like to spray is directly onto my roots - too much can create a sticky-ness. So, I spray it into my hands and then scrunch it in my roots and through my ends.
12. Redken Beach Envy Volume Texturizing Shampoo & Conditioner: Again, this was all Dalton. This shampoo/conditioner combo is EVERYTHING to my thin, fine hair. I love that the conditioner is clear. A lot of time, creamy conditioners make make my hair too limp/heavy and then I wake up to really oily hair the next day. I usually style my hair wavy and this gives it that beachy, wavy, "I woke up like this" look.
EYE OF THE BEHOLDER
HAIR DO WELL
PAMPER YO SELF