MY ULTIMATE NASHVILLE GUIDE
The secret is OUT! Nashville is THE place to visit! Now ranking as one of the top bachelor/bachelorette party destinations (and with the population changing by 100 people per day), Nashville is quickly taking ownership of the moniker, "The New Vegas". I have mixed feelings about this... more on that in a later blog. So, it's not uncommon for me to get an email once-a-month saying, "We're coming to Nashville! Any suggestions?" I quickly started to keep a running list on my phone and have now compiled it into one for ALL to see & access! YAY! Below are my favorite places to eat, play, & stay...
* I do not have any affiliation or professional relationships with any of these establishments (excluding Puckett's - see below). This list was created 100% on my experiences and interests.
WHERE TO EAT
- Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant (Meat & Three, Southern) - $$ Don't let the "grocery" fool you - although you can purchase beverages (and slices of pie!) straight out of the coolers and it's not uncommon to see paper towels, cans of tomatoes, or all-purpose flour stocked on the shelves. The "grocery" refers to the original location in Leiper's Fork, TN that began as a 1950's grocery store. Since then, Puckett's has expanded to five locations where they're serving up some of the best burgers, BBQ pork, and fried chicken you've ever tasted. PSA: Save room for pie and order it á la mode. You're welcome.
* I don't have any affiliation with any of these establishments, however - Puckett's features live music nightly and your's truly has been known to appear there on occasion.
Located at 500 Church Street, Nashville, TN | 7am - 11pm | Reservations are suggested.
- Martin's BBQ Joint (I mean, do I need to explain?) - $$ Martin's is another Nashville favorite that began in a small TN town (Nolensville) and has rapidly expanded to four locations. It's also been featured on the Food Network, Travel Channel, and Today Show. What to Order: Okay, honestly you can't go wrong with whatever you order but my favorite and "go-to" is always: Spare Ribs. Wet. With fries & potato salad. Oh, and a sweet tea. Duh. You'll also want to ask the waitstaff to bring you little cup of each sauce. WARNING: Devil's Nectar is HOT. I personally like the Alabama White sauce to dip my fries in.
Located at 410 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN | 11am - 10pm
- Gabby's Burgers & Fries - $ BEST. BURGER. EVER. And you better get 'em while you can because they're only open from 10:30am to 2:30pm... and there WILL be a line out the door. Gabby's crafts their burgers using local, grass fed beef and they offer lots of different ways to get your burger (think: chili, bbq sauce, bacon, etc.)
Located at 493 Humphreys St. | 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Hattie B's Hot Chicken - $ You can't come to Nashville without experiencing the music city staple, "hot chicken". Many places in town offer hot chicken on the menu, but none compare to Hattie B's. Again, you can expect a line out the door so come early, come hungry, and expect to wait. Hattie B's offer various "levels of heat": Mild/Medium, Hot, Damn Hot, and Shut The Cluck Up (My husband, John order "Shut The Cluck Up" one time. Notice, I said once.) So, spicy isn't your thing? No problem. You can order "southern style" and enjoy some good ol' fried chicken just like grandma made it.
Located at 112 19th Ave S. | 11am - 10pm
- The Southern Steak & Oyster - $$$ If you're looking for something a little fancier (hello, date night!) We love The Southern. John and I have dined here for an anniversary dinner (just before catching a hockey game... it's all about balance y'all) but we've also come for lunch. The lunch menu is a little cheaper but just as tasty.
Located at 150 3rd Ave S. | 7:30am - 10pm
- Bobbie's Dairy Dip - $ OR Elliston Place Soda Shop - $ (Both are too good to choose just one). Bobbie's Dairy Dip is a walk-up & order, grab a picnic table, Dairy Queen-esque ice-cream & burger stand. Elliston Place Soda Shop has been serving Nashville since 1939. Although both places serve your typical burgers & chicken tenders - the ice-cream, milkshakes, and malts are where it's at.
Bobbies Dairy Dip - Located at 5301 Charlotte Ave | 11 am to 8pm. CLOSED SUNDAYS.
Elliston Place Soda Shop - Located at 2111 Elliston Place | 7am to 10pm
WHERE TO PLAY
The Ryman Backstage Tours - Tour the infamous Mother Church of Country Music. Talk a walk through dressing rooms that many of your favorite country music stars have used. HIGHLY recommended because many of tour guides were around during the iconic performances of Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, George Jones, etc. SO, they've got some really cool first hand stories to share. Be sure to check out the calendar for upcoming concerts too! | Address: 116 Fifth Ave N.
The Country Music Hall of Fame - Exhibits showcasing country music and the artists who have paved the way for today's hit makers. | Address: 222 Fifth Avenue S.
Arrington Vineyards - Not exactly in Nashville but worth the drive. Owned by Kix Brooks (yep, of country music power duo, Brooks & Dunn) Arrington provides stunning views of the farmland that surrounds Nashville - plus, wine tastings! | Address: 6211 Patton Rd, Arrington, TN
The Nashville Predators Hockey Team - Catch a home game at Bridgestone Arena!
The Opryland Hotel - This hotel is something you'd see straight out of Vegas. You're welcome to walk around and explore (maybe after you've stuffed yourself at Gabby's Burgers & Fries) even if you aren't a hotel guest. Just when you think you're reached the end... keep going. There's more. | Address: 2800 Opryland Drive
Shopping: Downtown Franklin - Take a little day trip to Franklin, TN (about 40min South of Nashville) and explore Main Street. Complete with an old fashion town square, coffee shops, boutiques (Anthropologie & White Mercantile are my favs), and LOTS of yummy restaurants (also home to a Puckett's).
Shopping: The Neighborhood of 12 South is also a great "park and walk around" area with shops, food, and a park.
The Grand Ole Opry - A LIVE radio show & concert featuring performances by Country Music's biggest starts of today & yesterday. | Address: 2804 Opryland Dr.
The Station Inn - "New Monday" (yep, go on a Monday night) and enjoy classic country music by the industry's biggest songwriters & musicians.
3rd & Lindsley - Catch the Time Jumpers (Monday Nights, featuring Vince Gill) or The Smoking Section (Nashville's biggest studio musicians playing Funk Music) or The Eaglemaniacs (Eagles Tribute Band complied of the biggest studio musicians.) | Address: 818 3rd Ave. S
Legends Corner - Located on Broadway (Various LIVE Country Music from 11am-2am)
Robert's Western World - Located on Broadway (LIVE Classic Country Music from 11am-2am)
Whiskey Bent Saloon - Located on Broadway (Various LIVE Country Music from 11am-2am)
AJ's Good Time Bar - Owned by Alan Jackson. Located on Broadway (Various LIVE Country Music from 11am-2am)
The Listening Room Cafe - Check out the schedule online to catch a "writer's round" complied of Nashville's number one songwriters. | Address: 217 2nd Ave S.
WHERE TO STAY
- The Double Tree ($$$) - Walk or a cheap Uber Ride to downtown.
- The Thompson ($$$) or The Omni ($$$) - Walk or a cheap Uber Ride to downtown.
- Opryland Resort ($$) - about 25 minutes to downtown.
- AirB&B - LOTS of houses/condos/rooms for rent! Highly Recommended. THIS one is awesome!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Do YOU have a favorite place to eat/play/stay that didn't make to the list? Comment below - maybe I need to check it out too! I will do my best to reply to your comments!