VALENTINE'S IDEAS FOR THE ANTI-VALENTINE'S (+ a Gift Guide for Him AND Her!)
I used to love Valentine's day when I was a little girl. I would start thinking about which valentine cards I would choose to share with my classmates way before February rolled around. I'd usually go with something sweet like puppies or kittens that said things like, "To me, you're purrrrfect." I'd also pick out really good candy to pair with my cards like Reese's, Blow Pops, or Butterfingers... NOT conversation hearts (yuck)! I couldn't wait to get my class list from my teacher and take the extra time to add little hearts over the names with i's in them. I loved passing them out in class and filling my valentine's bag too with cards from my classmates.
But, the truth is as I've grown up, my love for Valentine's day has faded. Fact is, John and I don't even exchange gifts or cards for the occasion. Our idea of celebrating valentine's day consists of cooking a yummy steak dinner at home and sharing a really indulgent dessert together before we change into our ratty old sweats and watch reruns of Friends on Netflix. And I wouldn't have it any other way! So, I've compiled some of my favorite "low key" valentine's day date ideas for you. And the best part? Single ladies, you can plan any of these date ideas for you and your gal pals!
FIVE VALENTINE'S DAY IDEAS FOR THE ANTI-VALENTINE'S DAY HEARTS
1. Make breakfast - Who doesn't love waking up to breakfast already cooked? Even better if it's served in bed! I like to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Valentine's day and John loves them too! These Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls are super cute and really easy to make. I love the idea of inviting over all you girlfriends and serving breakfast with mimosas... sans orange juice!
2. Take a class - Instead of celebrating V-Day with your typical dinner out, sign up to take a class with your partner or friend! Trying something new like a cooking class or dancing can be a really fun way to get to know each other better and step outside your comfort zone together!
3. Send flowers - I'm a traditionalist at heart and you can never go wrong with sending flowers to someone you love. I'm not a huge fan of roses (so cliche) but no matter what day it is, every girl LOVES to get flowers! Single? Make a deal with your best friend to send flowers to each other this Valentine's day!
4. Picnic in the park - Skip the evening dinner date and plan a day date in the park with a lunch spread! Plan a time to meet up with a blanket, your favorite snacks, and enjoy an afternoon together. Don't forget the wine!
5. Movie Night Remix - Instead of heading out to the theater and catching a movie, create a comfortable setting on the floor in front of your TV! Stop at the store and stock up on popcorn and your favorite snacks, pile up the blankets and comfy pillows, and dive into a classic movie! Date night movie recommendation: Top Gun. Girl's night? Dirty Dancing!
GIFTS FOR HIM
GIFTS FOR HER
All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Thank you for supporting the brands & businesses that help make this blog possible.