10 DRUGSTORE FINDS THAT I'M OBSESSED WITH RIGHT NOW
I'm not one of those girls that experiments with products or browses the aisles of Ulta looking for the newest and greatest products. I like what I like and I stick to using products that I know and trust. But, I have stepped outside of the box with a few new products. The good news? They're all totally affordable AND you can find them in any makeup store or drugstore!
1. Olay Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream: I apply this cream every night as part of my routine skin care. It's thick and creamy and feels really rich and luxurious on my skin... plus, it smells really good! It leaves my skin feeling really soft and hydrated and it doesn't cause breakouts. I also use this eye cream with it!
2. Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer: I stumbled across this product accidentally on one of my shopping trips to Ulta and now, I've been a long time user. It's thick enough to cover any problem areas I have like a breakout or redness but it's not cake-y or too heavy. I apply just a teeny amount on my cheeks, forehead, and chin with my fingers. I really like to use it with this under eye concealer for maximum coverage!
3. CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder: I like to use this powder as a finishing touch to my makeup. It's the last thing I apply to my face during my make up routine. It's really light and I like that it's a "translucent" powder with just a tiny bit of pigment. I use a kabuki brush to apply a light layer on my cheeks and forehead. It leaves my blush, bronzer, and highlighter looking really blended and natural.
4. NYX Micro Brow Pencil: I don't have any eyebrows. Okay, I do. But BARELY! They're really blonde and thin so I feel naked when my brows aren't filled in. I was a longtime fan of the iT Cosmetics Brow Power Pencil and I actually switched over to this pencil by NYX because my mom had it and I gave it a try while I was home visiting her. It was really easy to use and blended perfectly... and this one is half the price!
5. Loreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise: I started using the Loreal Paris Voluminous line back in high school and I've always loved this mascara. Last year, Loreal came out with the Voluminous Lash Paradise which is a dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara - which I'm also a fan of. I can't tell a difference between Lash Paradise and Better Than Sex. They have the same brush style and my lashes look great when I use either one but, I've been using Lash Paradise more simply because of the price... it's only $10!
6. It's A 10 Miracle Leave In Treatment: I know, I know... this stuff is obviously made of unicorn tears because GOOD GRAVY is it costly. But, it works. I use this leave in spray 1-2x a week. I only wash my hair 3-4x a week and at least one of those times, I apply this spray and let my hair air dry to nourish my locks and give them a break from all the heat and styling. The good news is, I buy the smallest bottle so it's not as pricey. The full size bottle will set you back about $35 but the small bottle is only $12. ** Tip: If you have fine, thin hair like mine that accumulates oil quickly - don't spray it directly onto your hair. I spray it on to my palms, rub them together, and then run it through my strands. This prevents the product from settling into my roots and making my hair oily.
7. Wet Brush: This brush saved my hair! It REALLY works wonders for hair that tangles quickly. Again, I have thin/fine hair and it's colored treated so I'm working with a rat's nest (as my mother used to call it) when I get out of the shower. Well, not anymore. I'd heard about the Wet Brush and thought about giving it a try. I asked my stylist about it and she actually had one and gave it to me. I was so amazed at how well it untangled my hair! No more painful pulling at my hair!
8. Not Your Mother's Blue Sea Kale & Pure Coconut Water Weightless Mousse: Recently, I received this mousse as a promotional product from Influenster. I've been a long time user of the NYM's hair line (their Dry Shampoo is awesome!) but to be honest, I probably wouldn't have thought to give this product a try. But, I'm so glad they sent it to me because now I'm obsessed! First, it smells heavenly! Second, it's great for creating a style that lasts all day and it's really light on my hair so there's no filmy residue or heaviness to my hair. I'll definitely be purchasing this product in the future.
9. Not Your Mother's Double Take Dry Finish Texture Spray: Again, I love the NYM's line... I also have a really unhealthy relationship with hairspray. And then, I stumbled upon this texture spray. It acts like hairspray in that it sets my style, but it's totally touchable and light! I use it after curling my hair and it locks in my style without leaving my hair feeling stiff.
10. Skin, Hair, and Nails Vitamins: I've been taking multivitamins and hair vitamins for years now and they really work. My nails are stronger than ever and my hair really does grow faster. I don't notice a difference with my skin, but I'm really happy with what they do to my nails and hair!
All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Thank you for supporting the brands & businesses that help make this blog possible.